Just call it more of the same. Two more West Virginia players have gotten in trouble...this time for a fight that occured in a Morgantown bar. Its more of the same for Mountaineer fans, who were hoping to be in the NC title picture this year. With a disappointing season already assured, dealing with more character issues from players is certainly not what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately, the man that recruited them, Rich Rodriguez, didn't seem to mind bringing in more than his fair share of miscreants and hoodlums. Now the folks in Morgantown are left to clean up his mess. The laundry list is seemingly endless. Look at the number of players Bill Stewart has had to cut from the team already.
- RB Eddie Collington, DL James Ingram and LB John Holmes off the team for possession and intent to distribute drugs.
- S Charles Pugh off the team for allegedly picking up a set of car keys from a table in the student union then using the panic button to find the car in the adjacent parking garage. Then, he and a woman entered the car, stole a credit card, and racked up nearly $2,000 in purchases.
- TE Evan Rodriguez off the team for assaulting a female student.
Plus this list of arrests
- H Jeremy Cash and TE Maxwell Anderson...bar fight...see above.
- RB Noel Devine and WR Jock Sanders after charges were filed against the pair following a fight with students.
- CB Ellis Lankster and LB J.T. Thomas were arrested for stealing a laptop from a student’s house and trying to pawn it.
- S Quinton Andrews and RB Jason Gwaltney on speeding, alcohol and obstruction charges.
And I would be remiss if I didn't mentioned two of Rich Rod's finest degenerate products...Pacman Jones and Chris Henry. Needless to say, its going to take a lot of work to repair the damage. Notice to Michigan fan. 3-7 isn't the only thing you have to worry about. The reputation of a proud University will have to endure a beating after Rodriguez brings in his villainous hoards to Ann Arbor.